Saturday, January 01, 2011

YOU HAVE GOT to be kidding me...they are SO getting chore charts!

The boys have been playing in the middle of the living room all day long. PILLOWS, blankets, FORTS they are all over the floor. SOOO once they went to bed I tried to clean it all up so that we could start new on MORE forts in the morning. I know I need to work with them on cleaning up after they play, but as most moms know...95% of the time cleaning up after they are in bed takes a fraction of the time that sitting on top of them asking them to pick up each things would take.



GOAL ONE: Tomorrow we are working on CHORE CHARTS!
GOAL TWO: make them at least help clean up some of the mess they make...I would save MYSELF hours of time a week if I...
a) do goal ONE
b) make them clean up at least PART of their mess.

The problem is I ORGANIZE it all and it drives me NUTSO when I take hours to make sure all the Legos are in one bucket, the Playmobil in another, the bakugan in bins under the bed.....etc

So tonight I am cleaning up the mess, the boys are running back and forth .......

"I NEED WATER"
"My covers are WRECKED"
"Bubby said I was stupid" 
"My nose hurts" 

"IF ANYONE ELSE GETS OUT OF THE BED THEY ARE TAKING THEIR PILLOW AND FORT OUT ON THE PATIO TO SLEEP" ;) yeah it was so one of those nights....

So while cleaning up I realize that my 9 year old had taking the laptop into the fort, and so I try to untangle the power cord from around the pillows, blankets, and chair. As I do...


THE LAMP falls of the table ...ONTO the laptop and ...yeap.....SHATTERED the screen..

I quit!!!!

TOMORROW my kids are getting chore charts!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Aww I hope that your chart works well for you & things get easier.
    Im a new follower, stop by and drop me a line & I'll follow you back! Http://www.thenilsensnest.blogspot.com
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/tweetertiff

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can so relate to that post - Too funny :) Thanks for my morning smile! Stopping by from Bloggy Moms - Following you now on FB ang Google - Looking forward to your visit @ www.havingfunsaving.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you seen http://www.myjobchart.com/ or other similar sites? Maybe they'd help too. I know there are some sites where you can get free printable charts too, like http://www.dltk-cards.com/chart/chart2.asp

    We've been using My Job Chart for a while & my daughters love it, although we're not always that good at being consistent with it.

    ReplyDelete