Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sometimes crying over "Spilled Milk" is the only thing you can do.

The last week has been very crazy here, filled with a sick little boy, a hurting mama, a grumpy husband, and many other things that are plain NORMAL life. When so many of these things pile up it doesn't feel like "normal" life anymore what ever NORMAL is, and it just starts to wear you down.

Worn down like those little pencils my 9 year old brings home in his backpack because the teacher won't let him have them at school anymore. Those little eraser one, end point on other couldn't sharpen if you try pencils. Worn down like a favorite blanket that you JUST can't get rid of even though it has holes in it. Worn down like the sole of your favorite shoes that you can't part with....you know what I am talking about, because at one point in time EVERY mother feels this. That feeling like if one more thing goes wrong she isn't going to be able to fight back the tears.

My children know that when i hit that point, the tears will fall and this mornign was the cherry on top of it all.

Master B got up coughing he still hasn't been able to get rid of the cold he has and it is driving me nuts, but I KNOW it is just a cold and taking him to the Dr. is POINTLESS! My neck was a little stiff this morning, so I wasn't feeling the best myself. It is a weekend and like clockwork bailey did her token ONE bark to let me know she was ready to get out of her cage and go outside. I JUST WANT TO SLEEP! Both the boys were sleeping but I got up and took the dog out. i have yet to get coffee and I am not sure WHY I forget EVERY TIME I go to the store but I do, and this morning I really could have used it! Once the boys were awake the fighting over what movie to choose began and I tried to tune it out, but it was starting to wear on me.

I decided to get the rest of the laundry done early and start on the kitchen so I could relax a big this afternoon. I can't stand to get back up on laundry because NO MATTER how hard you try it feels you can Never get caught back up on it! kitchen was almost done, I reached up to put the glass bowls in the cabinet............




GLASS EVERYWHERE! I know they were only bowls, but as soon as it happened the boys came running and master B said "MOMMY, I am so sorry that you broke your FAVORITE bowl!"

He knew! I know it SOUNDS silly but it really was my favorite bowl! It was a LARGE blue bowl and the side of it said cookies. It was something I bought after Christmas about 10 years ago on sale at Kohls, I didn't pay a lot for it, but there was something about it! It was tall and a nice weight. I used it for EVERYTHING! As I looked at the counter and the floor, I couldn't hold back the tears, I am still upset about it. BOTH my large bowls are broken, and it will be a long while I am sure before I find another FAVORITE.

So they say Don't cry over "spilled MIlK"  but this mama is going to tell you that SOMETIMES it is the only thing you can do! Sometimes it is the only thing that makes you feel better about a situation.

good-by blue bowl you will be missed
Sincerely,
ME

No comments:

Post a Comment